8.05.2009

Variations on a Theme: Inverted Idioms


ORIGINAL IDIOM:

Let sleeping dogs lie. 


INVERTED:

Never permit a conscious cat to stand. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And a few more. ARE YOU BRAVE ENOUGH TO CRACK THE CODE?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) I am feeling as wrong as rainlessness. 


2.) When one is mentally ill, one goes to the serious metropolis. 


3.) You don't know the ridges in your skull from a mountain range. 


4.) Hey buddy! Take a low 1/5 from me!


5.) Frantic feet are God's impediments. 


vengeful-god.jpg picture by nickcarter03


6.) You'll take my land under my living soul!


GetOffMYLAND.jpg picture by nickcarter03


7.) I can't work today. I am as a hardy as a cat. 


8.) This taco pizza is the worst of neither world. 


tacopizza.jpg picture by nickcarter03


9.) The smaller they are, the softer they stand.


10.) You aren't what you throw up. 


11.) How do I know? An enormous fish told me. 


12.) I can't dance because I have 1/2 of a right hand.


iStock_000005523851Small.jpg picture by nickcarter03

13.) I am slovenly dressed, with many appointments to keep. 


casual_atty.jpg picture by nickcarter03



1 comment: