4.10.2008

(Girl I'm Gonna) Fight for Your Love Tonight

Lyrics by Nick Carter

beach_sunset_picture_t0762.jpg sunset picture by nickcarter03

(piano intro)


The sun is settin'

Goin' to bed for the night.

Another day is gone,

Gotta wait eleven more hours 

just to see the light.


And I'm sitting here alone, 

waiting for darkness to come.

And there you are,

wherever you are,

waiting for your shiny-armored knight.


Well, wait no longer, girl, because:


(chorus)

I'm gonna fight for your love tonight.

Girl you know I'm gonna fight for your love tonight. 

I'm gonna put on my Armor of Kisses, baby

and then I'm gonna show you the sights.

(end chorus)


(spoken)

Like the St. Louis Arch, baby.

You ever seen that? 

I didn't think so.


(guitar solo)

250px-Ibanez_dbl_neck_jem.jpg doubleguitar picture by nickcarter03



(end guitar solo)


(sexily spoken)

Knock, knock, knock.

Well, who's that at your door, baby.

Oh no one special,

no one special at all.


Just your SOULMATE.


(chorus)

Just the man who's gonna

fight for your love tonight. 

You know I'm gonna fight for your love tonight.

I'm gonna sharpen my Sword of Promises 

and then I'll bet you'll see the light.

(end chorus)


(spoken)

Bask in that light, baby.

Absorb it like a hothouse flower.

Yes. 

Photosexthesis.


knight1.jpg knight picture by nickcarter03


On Love's pockmarked battlefield,

I will face your Love.

My shield gleams in the moonlight. 

I can see the fear in Love's eyes. 

But girl don't be afraid.

This battle won't last long.

I'll overwhelm you with my loveweapons

AND WE'LL RIDE OFF INTO THE SUN...


(chorus)

Because girl, I'm gonna fight for your love tonight.

You know I'm gonna fight for your love tonight.

I'm gonna polish my Shield of Marriage

And we'll both go home happy tonight.


(spoken)

'Til death do us part, girl.

And you know what?

I don't plan on dyin'.


(repeat chorus)


217326.jpg driveoff picture by nickcarter03




No comments: